The January transfer window might seem like a distant memory, but that doesn’t mean the rumour mill has shut down! Speculation over summer moves is heating up, so check out the latest gossip below, and see all official deals here.
TOP STORY: Dortmund eye Silva as Haaland replacement
Borussia Dortmund could try to sign striker Andre Silva from Eintracht Frankfurt if they lose Erling Haaland in the summer. That’s according to Bild, which reports that Dortmund lead a number of European clubs keen to sign Portugal international at the end of the season.
Silva has scored 23 goals and added seven assists in a scintillating season that has also seen him attract admiring glances from Manchester United and Atletico Madrid. His contract runs until 2023 and, while it has no release clause in it, it has been reported Frankfurt are looking to raise €40 million for the 25-year-old.
United, like Dortmund, are also in the market for a new striker at the end of the season with Edinson Cavani reportedly heading to Boca Juniors, though they may move for Haaland who would be a more expensive option than Silva at over €120m but is already one of the world’s best players.
To replace Silva, Frankfurt could look to re-sign Luka Jovic on a permanent deal. The Serbian is on loan at his former club after he left for Real Madrid in a failed €60m move in 2019.
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (U.S. only)
– ESPN+ viewer’s guide: Bundesliga, Serie A, MLS, FA Cup and more
10.44 BST: Besiktas are ready to let striker Cyle Larin leave this summer, says FotoMac.
Larin, 26, has 18 goals and four assists in 37 games for the Turkish club this season but is attracting interest from West Ham and Everton.
Besiktas would reportedly allow the Canada international to depart for around €9m — over twice the €4m they paid to sign him from Zulte Waregem last year.
10.11 BST: Manchester United’s boardroom is going to have a different look next year.
Mark Ogden says Ed Woodward’s resignation confirms the humiliation brought on Manchester United.
09.37 BST: Manchester United defender Eric Bailly is being linked to Real Betis by The Sun.
Bailly, 27, is ready to reject a new contract at Manchester United and seek a summer move amid concerns over a lack of opportunities under manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, sources have told ESPN.
The Ivory Coast defender, who was former United manager Jose Mourinho’s first signing at Old Trafford with a £30m transfer from Villarreal in June 2016, has been in talks over a new deal to replace his contract, which expires at the end of next season.
Bailly has made just 100 appearances in all competitions for United since arriving five years ago, with the former Espanyol defender’s time at the club disrupted by a series of lengthy injury lay-offs.
United would risk losing Bailly as a free agent next summer if he remains at the club without extending his contract and, with interest from clubs in Spain and Italy, a move is likely to suit both parties at the end of this season.
09.05 BST: TyC Sports claims that Barcelona have offered Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero a two-year contract.
Aguero, 32, is set to leave City when his contract expires in the summer and Barca realise he could be key to persuading fellow Argentine Lionel Messi to remain at Camp Nou beyond the expiry of his own contract in a few months’ time.
08.30 BST: Florentino Perez has admitted that Real Madrid’s “really bad [financial] situation” has complicated Sergio Ramos‘ contract renewal, saying the centre-back’s future could remain unresolved until the end of the season.
Negotiations with club captain Ramos — a Madrid player since 2005 — have stalled, with his deal due to expire at the end of June and no signs of progress on an extension.
“I love him, but we’re in a really bad situation. We have to be realistic,” Perez told El Chiringuito. “I haven’t said (that he’ll go). First we’re thinking about ending the season, then we’ll see. A lot of things could happen.”
Perez also denied that Vinicius Jr. — who impressed recently in Madrid’s wins over Liverpool and Barcelona — could be allowed to leave to raise money, or be included as part of a swap deal for PSG star Kylian Mbappe.
Jurgen Klinsmann delights in Neymar’s display vs. Bayern Munich, even though he failed to score in a 1-0 loss.
– One minute he seems happy at Paris Saint-Germain, the next Neymar is once again being linked with a return to Barcelona, it seems. Marca reports the Brazilian forward is keen to return to Camp Nou and is even willing to take a pay cut to do so. Barcelona president Joan Laporta is desperate to make the deal happen, says the report, but he could be prevented by Barca’s perilous financial position. It is hoped Neymar returning would not only convince Lionel Messi to stay after his contract expires this summer, but also transform Barca back into Champions League contenders once again.
– PSG winger Julian Draxler has offered his services to Bayern Munich once his contract expires this summer, reports Foot Mercato. The outlet suggests that even though the Germany international would rather stay in the French capital, he is becoming increasingly frustrated with life in and out of the PSG side under Mauricio Pochettino. Pochettino, it would appear, is actually keen to keep Draxler and sees him as an important squad player, but sporting director Leonardo is not convinced and won’t offer him a new contract.
– Monaco are keen to sign Montpellier midfielder Junior Sambia, according to Le10 Sport. Monaco could be prepared to offer €10m to sign the 24-year-old. His contract runs out in June 2022 and it’s clear Montpellier would rather let him go now rather than lose him on a free transfer in a year’s time. The player’s agent, Frederic Guerra, admits that no contact has been made between Sambia and Monaco, though Le10 Sport believes that will change in the next few weeks.
– Saint-Etienne’s rising star Lucas Gourna-Douath is being watched by PSG, according to Goal. They believe the 17-year-old midfielder, who has played 25 times this season, is valued at around €25m. The French U17 captain has been compared in style to Man United’s Paul Pogba and has been one of the stars of the season in Ligue 1.
– David Alaba looks to be bound for Real Madrid. Sky’s Max Bielefeld is reporting that the Austria international is set to sign a five-year contract with Los Blancos in the coming weeks. The versatile 28-year-old defender is out of contract at the end of the season, and had been linked with Madrid and Barcelona. Alaba has played his entire senior career with Bayern — outside of a short loan spell at Hoffenheim — making 426 appearances and winning nine Bundesliga titles, six DFP-Pokals, and two Champions League crowns.